The Cross section Editor (accessible via Edit » Link Cross Sections... and shown in Figure 1) allows you to specify the physical cross-section of a river. This can then be used to generate a rating curve.
Note the following about cross sections:
- Cross sections are defined at the scenario level and are available at a global scale. They can be created manually (by entering the value directly in the Editor) or exported;
- A single rating curve is created for each Z-point;
- A single cross section can be referenced by multiple rating curves;
- A given rating curve can refer to one of the globally defined cross sections; and
- A rating curve can be manually edited after being loaded from a cross section.
Figure 1. Cross Section Editor