There are two main categories of statistics in Source:
- Univariate statistics provide information on a single variable and are intended to summarise and reveal patterns in that variable, see Univariate Statistics SRG.
- Bivariate statistics compare two variables for the purpose of determining empirical relationships between them, see Bivariate Statistics SRG.
Statistics are generated and may be analysed in many parts of Source:
- In Results Manager:
- Chart statistics, found on the Statistics tab, provide univariate and bivariate statistics for selected result(s), see Chart Statistics.
- User-generated statistics provide a broader range of statistics for either an entire scenario or for a single result from different scenarios, see Results Manager Statistics.
- In Calibration Wizard:
- During configuration, you select the objective function that the optimsation algorithm will either minimise or maximise during the calibration (depending on the statistic chosen), see Calibration Wizard for Catchments - Select elements to record.
- Once a calibration run has finished, you can view a summary of the objective function statistics from the calibration run in the Simulation Runner, or view univariate and bivariate statistics, see Calibration Wizard for Catchments - Inspecting calibration results.
- In Data Source Explorer, you can right click on a Data Source and select View Data to open a chart, table and statistics view of the data source. See Specifying data inputs - Data Sources Explorer.