Developed by Keirnan Fowler and Graigan Panosot at SKM to expedite the building of catchment models with Australia.
|License||As-is, use at your own risk|
The plugin allows the import of nodes, links and catchments from the Bureau of Meteorology’s Hydrological Geospatial Fabric (Geofabric).
This means that users of Source in ‘geographic’ (or Source Catchments) mode are now able to define the flow network using three options, not two:
- Automatic delineation using a Digital Elevation Model;
- Input of a map of catchments, followed by manual definition of nodes and links; and
- Import of catchments, nodes and links from the Geofabric.
As a user of this plugin, please note the following:
- It is highly recommended that you familiarise yourself with both Source and the Geofabric before attempting to use this plugin. If you have not yet downloaded the Geofabric, you can do so here: www.bom.gov.au/water/geofabric/
- Please ensure that you are familiar with the terms and conditions of use of the Geofabric, described at creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/.
What is the Geofabric?
The Australian Hydrological Geospatial Fabric (Geofabric) is a specialised Geographic Information System (GIS). It identifies the spatial relationships of important hydrological features such as rivers, lakes, reservoirs, dams, canals and catchments.
The Geofabric is provided as a number of different products. The part of the Geofabric used by this plugin is the SH Network and the SH catchments. In v2.0 of the Geofabric these products are based on the national 9 second Digital Elevation Model (DEM). It is anticipated that later versions will be based on a more detailed 1 second DEM.
The Geofabric products are provided by the BoM free of charge under the creative commons
license conditions mentioned above.
Using the plugin
For details about using this plugin please see: GeofabricSourcePlugin_UserManual_Final_v1.0.pdf
Note: this plugin uses data that has been pre-processed for input into Source.
Download the appropriate data from here: Geofabric Preprocessed Data Download
Plugin: SKM Geofabric for Source 18.104.22.1682 (once extracted, right click and select properties to ensure that the *.dll is unblocked)
Source code available in SourceCommunity\SourcePlugins\SKM.Geofabric