A custom pipe flow, weir flow and storage relationship can be specified to represent custom outlet and storage configurations for wetland nodes. The outflow relationships can either replace or add to the standard music outflows. More information on how to use the custom outflow and storage facility is available here.
There is an option to set up the initial volume of the wetland. Clicking this button will open the Estimate Storage Properties dialog box:
There is an option to re-use water from the wetland, by specifying a demand. Refer to Water Re-use from Treatment Nodes for more information about the Re-use button.
- inflow rate and water quality
- outflow rate and water quality
- low and high flow bypass rate and water quality
- overflow rate and water quality
- total outflow rate (sum of outflow, bypasses and overflow) and water quality
- computed water levels and storage
- water re-use demand and actual volume supplied.
Refer to Treatment Devices for more information about fluxes.
For details about CSTR cells, refer to Treatment Devices. For wetlands, an infinite number of CSTRs would replicate the effects of plug flow through the wetland system. music defaults to 4 CSTR cells for constructed wetlands, however, as the shape of the system can vary markedly dependent on design, the number of CSTR cells that is required to represent the hydraulic efficiency of the design is dependent on that shape. Also note parameter values, which are specific to wetlands: