The changes in this beta will be available in the Source version 5 production release, due out at the end of June 2020.
Features of this release include:
- Changes to the way custom charts are managed.
- Command line improvements.
- Updates to River Operation mode within Source.
We have also introduced the concept of Locking to the Function Modelled Variables, selected variables can now be locked, making it less likely for mistakes to occur.
Ordering for the Irrigator demand model now includes an option to make the Flow phase and Order phase identical.
Custom charts are no longer saved by default!
All automatically generated charts are created under Temporary and only saved when moved into Saved. Users can also create folders and subfolders for organising custom charts:
Operations Tabular Editor changes
The Operations Tabular Editor now allows you to copy-paste into multiple cells and view charts directly in the Results Manager.
Performance improvements for the command line
We have done some work to improve the performance of the command line, less memory (RAM) is now used during a run and to speed up run time in the command line.
The command line now has additional options for results saving:
There are three modes available:
- noOutput - This improves performance when using automatic exporting tools such as Scenario Options: Simulation results or Simulation Log which automatically exports results after each run to a specific location.
- serverNamedFormat - This mode saves from the server, rather than transferring data back to the client when in client-server mode. This is also now the default for a single computer run, meaning performance is improved by not transferring the data.
- clientNamedFormat - (default for client-server mode). The data is transferred back to the client and saved (current behaviour).
We are planning on moving to C# 7, Visual Studio 2019 and .NET 4.8.0 soon, so you will need to make sure you have updated Visual Studio to continue developing plugins in the beta versions.
We have removed the tolerance in our regression tests to help find issues earlier if we get different results on different machines or versions of operating systems.
Regression test repository changes since the first Source 4.12.0beta:
03 Project results updated
Details here: 4.12.1 Regression Test Changes
To run Insight, you also need to install the 32bit version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.
This installer is for both 32bit machines and 64bit machines since the library we use is 32bit: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).
Full Release Documentation